It has been an incredible nine-month journey watching Ellie grow and develop. She has truly grown into an incredible five year old. She was blessed to be in a classroom with a teacher who saw her strengths and weaknesses and chose to encourage her and redirect her when needed. I watched my daughter learn to trust and to love her teacher. It was truly amazing.
Last Thursday, I picked up Ellie from Mrs. Laws' class for the final time. It was definitely a bittersweet event. I couldn't help the tears as I looked at Mrs. Laws and watched her hug her "babies" (as she called the kids) for one last time for the school year. You could tell the kids were torn between being excited about summer and watching their year come to an end. You see, God had done something great in that little classroom. He brought together 13 little individuals, the majority of which loved routine. (Praise God! This is just what Ellie needed!) He gave these 9 girls and 4 boys the perfect teacher for where they were in their precious little lives. There were 13 kids who could practically run the class on their own. They practically did the week Mrs. Laws couldn't talk. You see God knew that this was the perfect place for my Ellie, and I am so thankful.
So, Ellie, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your first year of school. Thank you for helping me learn that you aren't perfect. You're just a little kid who loves her Jesus and her family and her school and her teacher. Thank you for your patience with me as I learned that it was time for me to allow you to spread your wings. Thank you for showing me that I had to let you learn so many hard lessons without my assistance. Most of all thank you for being such a special little girl. We love you!
Thanks for a great year!
We can't wait to see what God has in store for you next year!
By the way, Mollie think she is bound for "Mrs. Yaws class. I can wear my backpack and you can get me in car line!" I hate to tell her that she has a couple of years before I have to take her and let her go!

2 comments:
You have me boo-hooing! What sweet words about your precious Ellie. I love her so much! You are such a good momma to her
Okay; so that had me crying too!
Post a Comment