Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big huge piece of humble pie!

For the past 3 months, I have giggled at my best friend Karen as she has rediscovered motherhood. God blessed she and Robert this year with a beautiful baby boy - James Thomas. He is such a sweetie! It has been fun to watch Karen basically relearn what it's like to have a newborn. Her oldest is 8, and her younger daughter is 5 (aka Ellie's best friend Kasey). I've also gotten tickled listening to K deal with James' dirty diapers (he is a pro at blowouts) and watching James suck on his paci. The only one he will take is the Soothie.

Well, I've gotten to eat some humble pie this last 2 1/2 weeks. Annie is a major pro at poop diapers. We usually go through 2-4 diapers when she poops. Then, there's the paci. I tried everything to get Annie to take the MAM pacis just like Ellie and Mollie did. Unfortunately, I have not been successful. While Karen was here last weekend, she gave me one of James' Soothie pacis to see if Annie would take it. Guess what? She loved it! So, now we are using the paci I swore I would never let my kids use. Oh, well. At least I can admit when I was wrong. By the way, Mandy came to my rescue. She found us pink and purple Soothies. At least my desire for cutsie and matching at all times can be fulfilled for a while.

Annie loves her Soothie!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I LOVE IT!!! At least we are struggling through the same things, right? God is so good and has an amazing sense of humor!!! Love u!!!