Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Golly Miss Mollie!

The past several days have been anything but serene - 4 birthday parties and 1 baby shower in less than 48 hours. However, we survived. Mama (aka Mimi) was gracious to give up her Saturday morning and help me with the girls. Ellie had a party at 9:00. It was her friend Luke G.'s birthday and in her words, "I just have to be there. It'll be special." Not quite sure what the real meaning of that is, but we'll leave it at that. Then, Mollie had a party at 10:00 a.m.

While Ellie was at her party, Mollie was at Mama's. While she was there, this is the story she told...

Mollie: My mommy flushed me down the potty.
Mimi: She did?! If she flushed you down the potty, how did you get here?
Mollie: Well, I swam and swam and swam until I got to the bathtub. Then, I got in and swam and I got here.

Later that afternoon:

Me: Mollie, did you tell Mimi that I flushed you down the potty.
Mollie: Yep! I told her you flushed me down the "toy-yet" (toilet).

She's 2!!! I am constantly amazed at the imagination children have! Wow! I'm scared to think about what she will come up with next.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Maybe she will become a great writer of fiction! We can say we knew her when :)