One of the things that we all enjoyed growing up as students at Arkansas Baptist was Grandparents Day. It was always fun to have Mom and Papa and sometimes Grandma come to school with us and see what we do all day. Now, it's Ellie's turn. Yesterday, was grandparents day. I don't have pictures...couldn't get close enough...but that is TOTALLY OK. There was a music program yesterday morning. I was a nervous wreck. You may have heard me mention that E's first program at Christmas was a real challenge for her. While she sat on the steps with her class and teacher, she didn't sing a word. She didn't do a motion or anything. I was OK with this because she didn't pitch a fit and she learned what being in a program was all about.
For this program, E's class came all the way down the aisle from the back of the church. That is a long aisle! They walked to the front and sang London Bridges while playing the game. It was hard for us to see her, but she did it! We (me, my parents and Brian) were sitting in the back watching her in awe! She even was the one they "locked up." Then they moved to the stage. E was right in the middle between McKinley and Bobbi, two of her friends. She sang every word and did every motion!! She smiled the entire time!! She had asked me to buy the DVD, but I told her I wasn't buying it if she didn't sing. Since she sang, I HAD to buy the DVD. We'll have a viewing soon!
Then (keep in mind she hates crowds) she was all smiles when the grandparents all came to her classroom!! She showed Mimi and Papa Jim and Nannie and PawPaw her class. It was great! I am so very proud of her! She finished the morning with breakfast at McDonald's with Mimi and Papa Jim. She took Mollie too! They had a great time. Last night, we had dinner at Purple Cow with Nannie and PawPaw.
It was so fun to watch Ellie have a great day. God is so good and has done an amazing work in the life of my Ellie. What a blessing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment