Friday, April 3, 2009

My baby is 2!!

It's official! Mollie Ruth is 2! Her birthday was on Sunday, March 29th. I incorrectly assumed that she wouldn't have any idea that it was her big day. Boy, was I wrong. I caught her a couple of times singing "Happy Birthday to me!" It was so funny! We celebrated her birthday with a small family celebration on Saturday. We had Mimi & Papa Jim (my parents), Nannie & Pawpaw (Brian's parents) and Mandy, Josh & Noah over for pizza and cake. It was fun to have everyone together. The girls loved having everyone at their house!! Plus, Mollie was thrilled that we were celebrating her.

Ellie and Mollie on Mollie's actual birthday! Mollie wouldn't take a picture by herself, so Ellie was eager to jump in the shot too!


Mollie's cake - it was not fancy at all, but she thought it was great!

Mollie and Ellie when Mollie was blowing out her candles.


Mollie was a little excited when she opened her first gift of the evening. She was really excited when she found out it was the My Friends Tigger & Pooh Changing Tree.



Mollie opening the magnet sets that her Nannie & Pawpaw bought her.


Mollie is very much into wearing a backpack. Mimi & Papa Jim bought M her very own princess backpack.

Noah was precious at our house! He loved the horse that Kelsey's grandparents gave us for the girls. He brought Mollie a Snow White wand and Cinderella and Snow White figurines. We are very much into Snow White & Cinderella. Rumor has it that Noah loved the Snow White wand that he gave Mollie. :)

A big tradition in our family when I was growing up was that on a birthday the kids who weren't having a birthday received a gift from my mom and papa. It helped those of us who weren't having a birthday to not be jealous of the one who was. My parents are continuing this tradition with my girls and nephew. This year for Mollie's birthday, Ellie received a kid-sized guitar which she loves!! However, Ellie calls it a "key-tar." Ha!
By the way, I took Mollie to her 2 year check up on Tuesday to see Dr. Ledbetter. She weighed 26 lbs. 1 oz. and was 34 inches tall. I was shocked that Mollie has gotten that tall. He said that she was perfect and was doing great for her age. We also did her eye check, and she passed with flying colors. Our "midge" as we affectionately refer to her is growing up so fast! As excited as we are about Mollie being 2, I'm not so sure I like the 2 year old attitude. Although, Mollie's sweet disposition and tons of hugs are amazing!

No comments: