Monday, April 5, 2010

Papa's Birthday

Last year, I was out of town for Papa's birthday! So this year, we had to make up for missing last year. We began the celebration with a trip to Kroger. I mentioned to Mollie that we might want to go get Papa a "little" birthday cake. Well, what we ended up with was a Spongebob Squarepants cake. There was absolutely no way that we were getting out of there without that cake. Then, Mollie informed me that we needed a gift. I tried to explain that we would get a gift for Papa for lunch on Sunday. No way. She wasn't having it. Mollie picked out a Spiderman birthday card. She said that Spiderman was the best. Therefore, Papa needed Spiderman. :) What love! We tried to go see Papa as soon as we left the store, but he was on his way to get Mom from the beauty shop. So, we waited until Ellie got out of school; and all of us headed over for a celebration. The kids had a blast! It was so fun to sit and visit with them. We had to explain Spongebob, Patrick and Mr. Crabs. There were three characters on the cake - one for Ellie, one for Mollie and one for Papa. It was simply perfect!



The Cake


Mollie and Ellie

Annie had a blast! Yes, I gave her a bite of cake. She loves cake!


Sunday's celebration was slightly tamer but still tons of fun!! We're always ready for a good party!
Papa wanted to make sure that he didn't blow any germs on the cake.


Ellie and Noah were ready for cake.


Mollie and Brian


Noah - oh how I love this little boy!


Annie took the whole thing in stride. What a cutie!

No comments: