Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Day (or weekend) is a happy day and we say thank you God!

My girls spent several days before Thanksgiving singing the little song, "Thanksgiving Day is a happy day...." It turned into a very happy day and weekend for us! It was definitely a family affair! My family has traditionally spent Thanksgiving Day at my grandparent's house. However, this is the first year that we were all at my parents. Our hope was that my grandma wouldn't get so worn out after all the festivities. We had a great time. I have to admit that it was different - but it was good! Mama had a very, very successful first Thanksgiving. :) Plus, my Papa's turkey was fabulous!! We ate together as a family - all four of us siblings, spouses or soon-to-be spouses - Friday and Saturday nights. It was so great to all be together. There's just something special about it. I am so thankful for such a great family!!

Annie's 1st Thanksgiving! We are so thankful that she is a part of our family! What a joy!

Mollie is all about Micah and Kelsey (aka Dunna).

Noah had a blast playing in Annie's car seat.


Mollie cheesin' it for the camera. I think Noah loved the seat he found.

Noah was a little disappointed that Uncle Brian was more interested in napping after Thanksgiving lunch than playing with him.

Dunna was the queen. Noah and Mollie had a great time looking at puzzle books with her.

Josh & Micah - I love having time with my brothers.


My mama bought a 1000 piece puzzle. Mandy gave it a valiant effort, but the puzzle finally won. Ellie tried, but it just wasn't her thing.

Noah was trying to help Scarlet (Stephanie's puppy) escape. He was not happy that she was locked up.

Miss Scarlet

Annie LOVES her Papa Jim.

Ellie, Noah and Mollie decided that the best way to spend the evening was to play the piano - together! Ah, cousins!


Annie didn't miss out on the cousin love - Thanks, Noah, you are the sweetest!
So, after I downloaded all of my pictures, I realized that I didn't take any pictures of Caleb and Stephanie or my mama. Oops!!! I promise they were all there. Caleb and Steph were able to come in on Wednesday and stay until Sunday morning. It was great to have them here. They'll get to come back this weekend for Caleb's tool shower.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Wonderful pictures. I love seeing all you kids together again. Thanks for keeping the memory for us in these sweet pics. You also don't have any of Mom and Papa, but we all know why :)

the osbornes said...

great pictures!! I love the one of Noah and Annie laying down looking at each other, will you send me a copy? And maybe the piano one too pretty please? :) I got one of those but it was with my phone so it's not too great!

COSBORNE said...

no bueno. you left out the life of the party... and me!