Monday, December 7, 2009

Prelude to a birthday

Our sweet Ellie is a few days from officially being 6 years old! I am kind of in shock. I'm not quite sure where the time has gone. Last year, we had to reschedule her party and alter our plans due to an ice storm. This year, I decided that I so didn't want to have to deal with the weather this year. We had Ellie's party December 1st at Jump Zone. (Jump Zone is one of those bouncy house places with several major inflatables.) We invited E's class, several friends from her class last year and her SS class at church. Noah and Mandy were able to come as were Brian's parents and my mom. Everyone seemed to have a great time! Her special request was for cupcakes made by the ladies in our church kitchen. They did an excellent job. When I picked them up, they were on a silver tray. E thought she had arrived!


Ellie on the birthday seat just before her party.


Our new friend Donna Trawick (her youngest Julia Faith was hanging out with us too), my sweet friend Lora Deaton and Brian's mom. All the moms had a great time visiting.

Noah had a blast!


Pawpaw videoed most of the party, but he had to check his phone some too.


Me and Annie - I had a terrible headache. Fortunately, the Excedrin kicked in just in time.


Ellie played hard!


Savannah, Ellie and Serenity


Noah was all about the slides.


Ellie and Mrs. Bricker (her teacher) - Ellie and Ali (Mrs. Bricker's daughter) are good friends.



Mollie took a break to finish her fries from McDonald's.


Ready for cake!


Elizabeth (friend from church), Ellie, Madelyn (from her class) and Savannah (friend from school)


Mollie had a blast.


We are so thankful Ellie has great friends.

Mandy and Noah


Ellie opening her first gift.


Kinley, Crosse and Ali
Ellie adores Kinley. We were so glad that she and Crosse were able to come (and Ali too!).


Ellie was very excited about her new DS game that Mollie got her. Plus, Kinley was a great present helper.

No comments: