Monday, November 16, 2009

A weekend at home & 6 months

Weekend at home - Oh, thank you Jesus! We had a weekend at home. For the first time in weeks, there was nothing major on our schedule this weekend. Thursday and part of Friday were dedicated to focusing on Brian's parents. His dad had a heart ablation on Thursday morning. Things went beautifully! We are praising God. Friday night, I went with a bunch of girls from church to Holiday House. Can I just say that I "heart" holiday house? It is so fabulous. It is definitely the shopping event of the season. Plus, I adore the time I get with my girlfriends. God has been so good to give me an amazing group of women as my friends. They love God and they love being together. After we shopped, we ate a very late dinner at Chili's. I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time!

Saturday, I spent part of the morning picking up the house and attempting to get things in order. I also tackled a major project I have been working on/avoiding for several weeks. I sorted and organized all of our hand-me-down clothes. I am praising God that we found sleepers for A and a few other outfits I have looked everywhere for but couldn't find. I also found a few more things for M. I loved the sense of accomplishment I felt when everything was finished. Brian was sweet enough to carry all of the bags back out to the shed for me.


12-24 month size clothes


2T to 6x clothes - WOW!

While I was working, Annie napped and the big girls played outside. They began their time outside being so sweet. They were playing on the swing set and having the biggest time. After a while, the angels came in and asked for playdoh. I quickly squelched this idea (let's not forget the playdoh-bubbles fiasco) and quickly chased Mollie out the door in order to get the playdoh away from her, which I did. So, the girls settled on bubbles until Mollie spilled a small bottle on her shoe. I'm not quite sure what else happened. I suggested chalk. I mean really, what harm is there in chalk? Hahaha! When I went to check on the girls, I found this.....
Not sure if you can see what is on Gidget's back, but it's chalk. I found Ellie holding Gidget down while she colored her back blue and pink. Her face had been outlined in chalk as well. It was special. Then, I noticed that both E and M were COVERED in chalk. I wonder how it got on their backs? Curious! Then, there was the dead plant that got turned upside down and dirt poured on E's shoe. Oh, we must not forget the sliding class door that Ellie got to clean because they chalked it as well. Needless to say, all 3 were bathtub bound. I guess the good part is they had a grand time. :)
This past week (Nov. 11th to be exact), Annie turned 6 months. I cannot believe she has been with us that long. It seems like yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. It is simply amazing how much things have changed since May 11th. Annie had her check-up with Dr. Feelbetter on Friday. She was an angel. She smiled and cooed and was simply the sweetest thing ever. Dr. Feelbetter was so upset that they were going to have to make A cry. And, cry she did. Poor baby. We are participating in a study for a new meningitis vaccine for infants. The study is in the final stages. Annie got the shot for the test in her right leg and the other 5 (yes, 5!!) shots in her left leg. Plus, she got the oral rotovirus vaccine. She was such a trooper. By the way, we are praising God that A was able to get the H1N1 shot. God worked it out this week so that all 3 girls got it much to their displeasure!


Annie on Friday morning before we left for work and the doctor.



Annie's stats: 16 lbs. 14 oz and 27 inches long! I can't remember what her head measurement was. Annie is just a delight! She smiles constantly and gives the BEST kisses. She has started reaching out and touching your face when you pick her up. She has even started giving hugs. She gets super excited when she hears Ellie and Mollie and does everything she can to get herself turned around to be able to see them. She loves to be talked to and is making the cutest trilling noise. Annie is rolling over and is trying to pull her legs up under herself. If you sit her up, she lasts for a minute or two, and she's trying to lift her body up off the floor. I am just smitten. God has given me several times over the last couple of weeks where I have been able to sit and hold her while she sleeps. I haven't gotten to do this much because we always seem to be on the go. I treasure these moments. She still loves to sleep with one of her lovies. She hugs it while she sleeps. Annie is the perfect compliment to our family.

Now that Annie is 6 months old, we have given her her first baby food. My goal is to make the baby food, but I haven't had a chance to pick up the book I need with all the recipes and tips. So, I bought a couple of containers at the store this weekend. I tried pears and sweet potatoes first. Annie wasn't quite sure what to think of it. I think the fact that her nose was running was a major factor in the taste of the food. ha!


1 comment:

Mimi said...

Annie is such doll! They all are. Give them hugs and kisses for me today.