Thursday, November 12, 2009

A day with the Indians

Last week, the kindergarten at AB headed to Pinnacle Mountain State Park for a field trip. Their first stop was at the Visitor's Center for a demonstration and talk about Indians by a local Native American woman. After their time at the visitor's center, the kids headed to the playground, played and ate a little snack before heading back to school.

I was going to go on the trip, but Ellie insisted that Mimi go with her. It worked out great for me because I had a ton of work to do. Most importantly, Ellie had a fabulous time having her Mimi with her. E was elated!!! Mimi is such a good sport and had a great time with her girl.

Ellie just before they got to learn about Arkansas Indians.


The kids were asked to join in for a little dancing. Mimi was so proud of Ellie. She jumped right in and did what was asked of her. Go Ellie!

She is growing up!

Ellie and Serenity - these two are so funny they both have very strong wills and are quite a combination!


Ellie enjoying a little down time on the jungle gym.
Ellie had a great time on her field trip. She rode the bus with her friend Madelyn and got to leave the field trip with Mimi. We all love the days that Ellie gets to come home early. They are great nap days! Thanks, Mimi, for a great morning!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am so proud of her up and dancing. A year ago, that would NOT have happened. She's just amazing. I LOVE her expression in the picture with Serenity. I think Serenity enjoyed that pic more than E!