Friday, February 6, 2009

A night of reunions and firsts

Tonight during the Arkansas Baptist High School basketball games, the school honored the members of the 1997 and 1999 State Championship Basketball Teams. Josh, the oldest of my brothers played on the 1997 team and attended this reunion. So, we all loaded up to support him.

I have to admit that it was a lot of fun to watch him and to see some of his friends again. You see, beginning Josh's freshman year in HS, he began dressing out for the varsity basketball games. I was a senior, so we often went to the games together. I really enjoyed having him around and getting to spend time with him. I had the privilege of watching tons of his games. I always loved going and enjoyed the time I got with my dad driving to and from the games. I was there to watch his State Championship game. It was definitely a privilege.

Josh (middle of the pic with the white polo) and several members of his team and the championship team from 1999.

Noah loved his very first basketball game. He was enthralled with the action on the court.

After we got home, I realized this was the first time I had taken Mollie to a game. Not a great picture, but we had to document the night.

Ellie's friend Bobbi (from her class) was at the game too. The girls had fun. I think Noah wasn't quite sure what to think of all the giggling. He did like watching all the kids and people around us.



No comments: